Kingston Art Studio
53 Eden Street , Kingston
Fusion Arts Studio 9
Small group up to 5-6 students
Tuesdays: 30 April to 16 July, 2019, 5.30pm – 7.30pm
This course offering a structured approach to observational drawing.
We will cover proportional measuring, composition and basic perspective.
Using pencil, charcoal or other drawing materials, we will use tone and texture to suggest 3d form.
Drawing materials (CASS Art or Pullingers in Kingston)
- A3 or slightly bigger drawing board
- A3 good quality drawing pad ( more than 200g)
- Graphite pencils from HB to 8B
- Good quality pencil eraser and kneadable eraser
- Drawing ink black, blue, brown
- Watercolour brush N10 or12
- Willow charcoal
- Tissue and some rugs (old t-shirts are good)
Oil Painting Studio
Wednesdays: 1 May to 17 July, 2019, 10 am – 1.30 pm
This structured course is aimed at those who want to develop their observational skills through drawing and painting. Mostly we will paint still life, landscape weather permitted and a model (for extra small fee).
Titanium or Zinc White (200ml tube), Cadmium Yellow, Yellow or Gold Ochre, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Venetian Red, Cadmium Red, Oxide of Chromium, Viridian, French Ultramarine, Raw Umber, Burned Umber, Ivory Black or Mars Black.
- Canvases, canvas boards, the artist panels.
- 30×40, 40×50, 50×60
- Additionally it would be good to have an A4 oil pad.
- Hog filberts and flats from N2 to 16, N5-7 round acrylic brush for details.
- Sansodor or any low odour solvents;
- A jar with lid for washing your brashes during the class
- Rectangular or oval palette no less than 35cm on the longer side.
- Metal with the wooden handle are the best N22, 51
Kitchen towels, pieces of old cloths (t-shirts are good .washed, please) to clean the paint from the brushes
Apron or big shirt to protect your clothing.
All information about art materials you can find on CASS Art, Jackson’s, Pullingers websites.
The lessons in oil painting, drawing or both would be tailored to the student’s needs. Please, get in touch for more details.
Watercolour Studio CASS art Kingston
Thursday 23rd May 3.30-5.30
Thursday 13th, 20th, 27th June 3.30-5.30
We will practise fundamental techniques of watercolour painting, learning how to manoeuvre liquid paint on paper during this fun and relaxed workshop.
The course is suitable for beginners and those with experience who wish to brush up their art skills in watercolour painting.
Break down fears of the medium and learn how to do: colour mixing, watercolour washes, applying overlapping and painting wet in wet.
Subjects: still life, landscape, flowers, abstract.
You would need:
- Watercolour painting set of 10-12 colours,
- A3 Watercolour pad (300 g/m2, NOT, Winsor&Newton, CASS art, Faber-Castell),
- 3-4 sable, squirrel or good quality synthetic brushes for watercolour N5,8,10 & 24,
- 750 gr jar or metal can for water, clean rug, some tissue,
- HB pencil, eraser& utility knife
Suitable for ages 16+ (unless accompanied by an adult)
Watercolour studio fee: £25 with your materials, £35 materials provided. You can purchase this course here
Please, note that the class would be on the first floor with no lift.